วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 7 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Ladyboys of Phuket

I am planning a long stay in Thailand the first time and I could tell my friends when I hear the same stupid answer is surprising how many times - "watch out for them ladyboys!" Before you start to really grate again and again, I heard a stupid comment. It is wise, as the original, and all have the same stupid jokes. Thailand, for some stupid stereotype, I think. As if gaitneun ladyboys everywhere you go.

Funny gun once I moved to Thailand, soon discoveredThe ladyboys, or they are known in Thailand katoeys, it is everywhere. This is not just a few of the tourist resorts. You see, they can work in shops and restaurants. Even if you get in this country, you can find katoeys. They really are everywhere.

Hotel In Patong


Katoey personal acquaintance before I was, in fact, I was not here long. One of the things I found him, Tice was in her company, how comfortable was the other. Straight Thai people were very happyShe looks such a beautiful her story makes her praise can They're all polite to two of her 'she' was her happiness that.

Ladyboys of Phuket

Personally, I think it's a bit uncomfortable at first was her presence. I am scared that she did not jump me. She was pleasant and well-balanced person. Was a little unsure how to handle her. It mitigates the other Thais so quickly that she put me on the deal was attractive way.

Hotel In Patong

What is Katoey?

katoey what exactly is it? I had this ...Recent discussion with a couple of Western friends. They both live in Phuket all the people who only had sex change surgery katoey could sing, otherwise, you must use the term ladyboy. I feel the invention is distinct from the West. Katoey is a Thai word is not the way to use.

Thais use the term much more loosely. They act like a woman who uses the term for. Transgender man is probably the closest English term. Male sexIf you can change surgery katoeys. So, in your heart, such as hormones, women are the people who create property. I dress up like a woman is the man. In fact, a little wear makeup around the frill is called katoeys are gay.



Why are a lot of Thai Katoeys?

This definition, of course, Thailand has a lot katoeys. Why this happens here is far more common than in other countries? It seems unlikely that the gene for the reasonsThailand than in other countries have more transgender males. Why do Thai people to think more of the tolerant attitude is.

Many katoey TV actors, singers and models. They even have katoey beauty pageant. Champion Muay Thai fighter, these true stories of old katoey "Beautiful Boxer" and has been several katoey movies. She often kiss her defeated opponents will be.

Katoeys Thai society seems to be part of the widely recognized. ThisSome Buddhist religion and its propagation with generosity toward others will be able to do. However, a strong Buddhist influence (Cambodia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tibet, Laos, Japan) and other countries are not known, the ladyboys.

Must be something else at work. A strong element of life (sanook) Thai belief that should be fun I think. When they see a katoey, they think of the fun. They laughed, but in a manner offensive to joke about it. I'm not sure they cast aAbuse or threats can be found in Western countries.



In Thailand, the main reason so many katoeys Thailand to their open and tolerant society that is simple. It's a little more forgiving you if our society is in Western countries are wondering how many transvestites.

Katoeys how much the work of Phuket?

Tsunami tragedy and then the media could find food like crazy, and then a friend sent me an article from a British newspaper.The reporter hit areas in Phuket and quite difficult to attract attention from the press and I am trying to compete. So what to do, he got a lot of reporters in Phuket and the seedier side of nightlife began to focus on. It had the tsunami tragedy and I do not know what I'm doing is pretty.

This is especially fascinated by the reporter seemed ladyboy scene. He has the whole island was truly offer a den of debauchery, Phuket's nightlife was commonplace for some cleaning. ThatPhuket's sex industry, and then worked in 5000 and ladyboys there was a huge demand for services claimed.

Where'd you get this figure, where? It seems like a very bold claim. Is there a census? Ladyboy authorities do count? I really reliable statistics available to reporters suspect. As with most of his report, I think he just made it a reasonable guess, but definitely think it's around I saw enough ladyboys.

Phuket's high season population is estimated to beMay be around 500,000. If you have 5,000 ladyboys of them then that is 1% of the population. I do not have a very difficult, but not entirely would seem. However, he has worked in the sex industry is actually 5000. Where was the army of ladyboys are available?

Bengali Road, Patong Hotel in Soi Katoey SOI has always been in front of the couple dancing. Moulin Rouge show in the back and another katoey ladyboy bars. But surely even the best estimates, there can not be more inWorking in Soi Katoey 50 ladyboys. Maybe another 30 are playing in Simon Cabaret Ladyboy Show - Is it acceptable to the sex industry? For debates, I say no. There are gay area around Soi Paradise then. Guy quite a few ladyboys around the region of 100 but think it'd be a very generous estimate.

They passed the drunks a few ladyboys freelancing along beachfronts have bothered. But in fact they do not have a very high number. LetGenerous again and say 100. Have I missed any? Maybe a few dotted around the dining room has a different sex.

We gathered our picture, although the sex industry, we expect a very generous 300 ladyboys are activated. I actually think that probably is very generous. You are probably a lot of pictures at the same katoeys move and I guess all my thoughts to overestimate. The total figure may be a few 100.

I would say somewhere in the100-300 katoeys working in Phuket's sex industry in between. Of course, but in 5000 the 100 number is not good press.

Human and Katoeys

So What's the demand for Katoeys? I find their service a lot of people are you really? Their most common approach seems to be trying to fool very drunk men, so I will not be much demand for their services, I think. Katoeys and sexual encounters I had met a few people. Most of them claim that itA drunken mistake.

He makes me happy just by his hotel room, two katoeys 'opt out' I knew this guy was proclaimed. He was proud of the rather clear that it does not claim it was a mistake. Patong hotels, you will meet some strange characters.

I think katoeys demand for the few genuine. They are in the areas of homosexuality, but I do not think it's strictly gay. Such as women, they are made, but I do not think it's just the problem. However, theKatoeys difficult to define a group of people looking attractive. Of course, there are curious about them. Each month, the word katoey 'that led people to our Phuket website search keywords in the list of the top 20 are And we have a small section on katoeys.

Negative

katoeys generally well, and join in Thai society, but his reputation is still on the negative side. They are spiteful and will not have a reputation for being unreliable. I met personallyFor many years in Thailand I have to say that they all seemed well adjusted and happy out there. However, I choose pocketing and other thefts also involved in criminal activities such as stories I've heard a lot of katoeys. They are also harassing passers-by beachfronts late evening watching the customer is known to be threatened.

Of course these things as hard as it is not clear the scale of the problem. whether the scale really commit a crime katoeysIt is difficult to determine than other Thais.

They also have a reputation for being emotionally unbalanced. Like I said, everything I've ever met, a good rocking. Variants of their lives, but it is very demanding and many of them do not know the map easily feel it's not surprising that some people lose control I think.

Katoeys Thai society's tolerance is not absolute. In particular, their family, father, sometimes to deny them. Many Men, who are tolerant of different wayskatoeys still a father may find it embarrassing.

And the authorities' tolerance also has limitations. katoey volleyball team win a national championship, the team has been selected the national team when the two won. The government has stepped in to block their choice. They think it's good for the country's image did not.

Store personal perspective

In 2002, the English title 'Save private vision "given the Thai movie has occurred. The film, in a plane crash strandsIn the war torn jungles of neighboring countries katoeys group. A group of Thai soldiers man is sent to rescue them. Neighboring countries, such as they try to escape the story of flouncy katoeys and Man revolves around the personality clash between soldiers.

Eventually, they crossed into Thailand in order to end all get along. Katoeys soldiers put aside their dislike for the ultimately the leader of the house also takes his son to return katoey.

Thailand is the film's message is one of society's traditional tolerance. At the end of the movie's kind of nice to have a katoey. "I was born in the body may have been wrong, but at least I was born in the country immediately."


Ladyboys of Phuket

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น